If you came looking for Apple Guardians, you found it! Only the site name has changed. All else stays the same. Welcome back.

September 17, 2012

Sarcasm and the Apple


Here is the biggest problem I face every day: I want to eat an apple as a healthy snack to get me through the afternoon, but eating a whole apple is really too much for me given my busy schedule. So I cut an apple into slices and put half the slices in the fridge for the next day. But when I go to eat the other half the apple slices have turned brown. Forget adding lemon juice, that’s one step too many! Luckily, human ingenuity has finally delivered. The good folks at Okanagan Specialty Fruits up in Canada recently submitted their Arctic® Apple, which has been genetically engineered so it doesn’t brown when exposed to oxygen, to the U.S. Department of Agriculture for approval. Never mind that consumers won’t see GE labeling on these apples, or that apple biodiversity could be irreversibly contaminated. I don’t have time to worry about those things; I want my apple slices and I want them to be pretty.
(p.s. – Are you freakin’ kidding me?)

Say "no" to genetically engineered apples!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin