If you came looking for Apple Guardians, you found it! Only the site name has changed. All else stays the same. Welcome back.

August 17, 2011

A Dirty Secret

"In the evening, someone will go from house to house and tell the neighborhood that tomorrow will be a windy day and perhaps, a bad air day.  The next afternoon - if the conditions are just wrong - a toxic dust called coal ash picks up from the landfills and slag ponds at the nearby power plant and heads towards the reservation like a sandstorm."

Watch this video, and share it with everyone you know.



This isn't just here.  It's everywhere. 

In 1996 I moved to an area that was 20 miles from a coal plant.  In 1997, at the age of 25, I was diagnosed with asthma.  I'd never had a breathing problem before.  I was always doing activities outdoors.  But that's what did it... being outdoors.  The coal ash I was breathing had buried itself into my lungs.  I was afraid of going outside!

But in 2001 I moved again to a cleaner place far from any coal plants, and I never had an asthma attack again.  That was the thing that helped - moving far enough away to let my lungs clear up.  Not everyone can do that.

What needs to be the solution is switching over to cleaner, greener, renewable energy.  Look into solar panels for your home, or research the different energy providers in your area.  Find the one that is committed to using the highest percentage of renewable energy.

It's possible to reverse the damage done to our health and the environment. 

(I support Earth Justice.
Because the Earth needs a good lawyer.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin