Here's another event celebrating Organic Harvest Month!
Maine Organic Farmers and Gardeners Association (MOFGA) host the Common Ground Country Fair every year during the third weekend after Labor Day. This year it will be held September 25, 26, and 27, 2009 in Unity, ME.
This Fair is amazing! There sooooo much to do and so little time! All three days are broken up into 10 categories:
- Agriculture - Farming, Gardening, and Orchards
- Livestock and Low Impact Forestry
- Fiber, Fleece, Folk & Maine Indian Arts
- Cooking Demos, Herbs and the Exhibition Hall
- Energy, Shelter & Sustainable Living
- Social, Political & Environmental Action
- Health & Well Being
- Bikes and Pedal Power
- Children's Area Entertainment
That happens to be my only volunteer-free weekend in September. So, I think I might take a drive and check it out. If anyone has been to one of these before (I'm jealous) let me know how it is. Also, if you have any tips as to which demos are the best, let me know, as there are so many I'm overwhelmed.