This monthly awareness was created by the Organic Trade Association in 1992.
There has been a lot of talk about organic foods lately. There has been discussions and disputes on whether or not organic is healthier than conventional products, does it taste better, is it too expensive, does it yield a smaller harvest, etc. Unfortuneately, most people are not looking at the big picture of organic harvest. There are much more important - and much more crucial - reasons to support the organic harvest. Join me this month in an eye-opening experience that will leave you more educated and inspired to make the right choices in your life.
The goals of this awareness are:
1. To highlight organic agriculture and the growing organic products industry;
2. To celebrate the bounty of the organic harvest;
3. To focus attention on the benefits of organic agriculture and its practices;
4. To encourage consumers to choose organic products;
5. To educate the public on what organic stands for and what it provides;
6. To promote and protect the growth of organic trade;
7. And to benefit the environment, farmers, the public and the economy.
If you came looking for Apple Guardians, you found it! Only the site name has changed. All else stays the same. Welcome back.
September 3, 2009
I'm a Master Naturalist and an outdoor enthusiast -- mostly kayaking, and I live on a Peninsula in the Chesapeake Bay. I'm the author of The Nature Fan, Nature Fan Activists, Green Earth Almanac, and Amanda's Geographic. Formerly, I ran the nationally syndicated column "National Green Activism" for The Examiner, and I was a key factor in the success of many campaigns. Make sure you don't miss a post, and subscribe by email! Thanks for reading.